Friday, November 20, 2009

Never take them for granted.

Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself,and make time for them - Jo Richards.

I woke up early this morning,at my parents' house and found my brother's book on the computer desk.`Lift Me Up', by Ron Kaufman.I don't know this book actually owned by his friend (ehem, a special friend, or probably an ex?Owh I sounded like Melodi or Gossip Girl skarang) or a gift since someone's name is written on it.Either ways, I found the one particular quote as written as the first sentence and many other beautiful quotes in it, to lift me up and a good way to start my day.

I think the feeling is best known by people who had the similar experience with me. I lived a full 5 years of high school in a the same coed boarding school, and another full 5 years in uni (same uni, I never even attended any matriculation/form6 whatsoever) which has almost the same atmosphere as high school.So living with the same people, who initially were strangers for quite some time really created some special bond among us.We shared the thick and thin, the love and sorrow,the ups and downs together while soul searching and finding our own identity.

This is why, after I hit the working life for almost two years now, I think the ten years of serious(!) learning -high school and uni time are the best time of and should not be forgotten easily.

This is also why, I am usually in for any reunions,special occasions,weddings,get togethers, hangouts - as long as I have the opportunity to attend, I and my small circle of friends will be there. Sometimes even occasions hundreds of miles away, we will find some ways, even apply for leave just for the sake of being there for a friend.I know a few people who really can give their best to this extend, and I truly salute them for that. I sometimes, too, failed to fulfill all the invitation due to several other commitments.

When one day, my friend mentioned-`Does friendship ends when love starts?'
It really made me stop and think.
Does it?
Of course you can look at it in two different perspective.
But the one that bothers me most, is how some people changed when they changed their status, from Miss to Mrs.It seems like they shut their window off and just focus on the husband and newly build family.

Well, I am not pointing fingers but just an early reminder especially for ME as I will insya Allah moves to that stage soon. If ever I am caught red handed doing such mentioned above, just slap a yellow notes on my forehead reminding me about this post. Hahaa please, not literally okay..

The point of this whole post is actually straight forward:
Quality companions deserve time and attention.Never take them for granted.

Well for those who are curious; below is this weekend's itinerary:

Wedding Shashawn @ Bangi -Shashawn is my skoolmate who left skool mase form 4.will be going with Ci and expected to meet up Ben,Meon,Ricky,Papan and the rest of 85ers.
Wedding Amie@Temerloh - coursemate,unimate,housemate and roomate(until tomorrowlah) :P will be going with Zue Hajar, the rest Jan03 with own arrangement so we will meet each other there.

Bye,take care,drive carefully and love lots.

No comments: